[TowerTalk] Antenna eve mount grounding

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antenna eve mount grounding
From: John Schumacher <n4douham@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 19:24:25 -0400
Hello all:

I am planning to mount my Cushcraft AR-270 2 meter/440 vertical on the eve
of my house.  The coax will go through lightning arrestors inside of a KF7P
box as a single point ground which all of my antenna system will go
through.  In addition to the SPG the rest of the shack will be bonded to
ground rods/copper strapping over to the electric/cable/phone grounds

Should I mount the vertical using a eve mount or use masting.  The masting
would go right in front of my window and I would prefer not to have that.
However, I am concerned about the ground of the antenna mount.  I have been
told that antennas like the Cushcraft are DC grounded and that will suffice
for grounding, but I would like some more guidance.

Thanks

73
John
N4DOU