[TowerTalk] Antenna upgrade...

To: Tower Talk <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antenna upgrade...
From: Jeff Draughn <n0ost99@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2016 22:06:38 -0500
I'm wanting to upgrade my HF antenna which is a 3 element Tri-bander now.
With the sunspots being low for the foreseeable future I'm wondering what
would be the best antenna or antennas to install.
Currently I'm looking at the JK antennas mid-Tri-40 a Tri-bander with 2
elements for 40 m on the same boom. Also looking at Force 12 XR3-NV Plus or
SteppIR 4 element.

I'm thinking some gain on 40 m would be a big plus going forward.
Also noticed JK has a 20/40 meter dual bander.

My tower is a UST HDX-555, I try and operate in the CQWW and WPX  as well
ARRL DX but would like to try some of the domestic contests as well.
Anyway what are your thoughts?
Thanks for your time.
Regards,
Jeff, N0OST