Re: [TowerTalk] A new thread on connectors 8^)

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] A new thread on connectors 8^)
From: Bob K6UJ <k6uj@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2016 09:28:58 -0700
Terry,

Interesting information, thanks for sharing.
I am looking at an Amphenol bulkhead connector and an off brand barrel connector and I see what you are talking about. The threads on the barrel connector start about an 1/8" from the end, whereas the threads on the Amphenol start very near to the end. I haven't yet noticed any difficulty mating to the cheaper connector ends, as far as I remember but this is good to know. Another reason to get quality Amphenol conectors !

Bob
K6UJ