[TowerTalk] HELP! Mysterious Remote Coax Switch

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] HELP! Mysterious Remote Coax Switch
From: "Dave G. ve9cb@rac.ca" <ve9cb@rac.ca>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2016 00:05:52 +0000 (UTC)
 Hello all:I picked up something at a ham flea market that is either a treasure
or a paperweight.It's a five-position remote coax switch with SO-239 sockets.
It's labelled "ROTAX" "MSR 2000" made by the Miyazaki Mfg Co Ltd of Japan.  The
switch uses a Ledex Motor to drive a five-position three-layer rotary switch.
The bottom two wafers are for RF switching and are heavy ceramic switches.  The
third layer is for DC switching.There is a terminal strip with eight terminals,
numbered 1-8.  From Pin 8 to each of Pins 1 through 6, I measure 1 ohm DC
resistance.  From Pin 7 to each of Pins 1 through 6, I measure 130 ohms DC
resistance.I've tried applying 30vdc to actuate the switch, and all I get is a
click, but no turning. I can turn the flywheel on the back of the motor
one-tenth of the turn at a time, and it does advance the switch.  It takes two
of those turns to advance to the next position.I believe the switch is similar
in concept and operation to the old Heathkit SA-1460 remote coax switch.Can any
of you give me any info on how I can make this switch work as it was
intended?My Google searches on ROTAX, MSR 2000 and Miyazaki Mfg Co have yielded
no useful results.73,Dave VE9CB