Re: [TowerTalk] Lead-Shot Counterweight

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Lead-Shot Counterweight
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2016 22:04:29 -0400
Paraffin would probably work and it's removable, but have you priced lead shot recently? I used to (in the 70s) purchase 500 to 1000# of #8, or #7 1/2 at a time in 25# bags

I prefer far more weight or tension than most. My 75 & 40 m slopers are under roughly 100# to 200# tension. With roughly 120 to 150' of double braided poly rope there is enough give to handle tree trunk movement in the wind, but I'm using some substantial tree trunks.

73

Roger (K8RI)