Re: [TowerTalk] 4 square for 80

To: k2av.guy@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 4 square for 80
From: jimlux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2016 20:59:38 -0700
On 9/25/16 5:53 PM, Guy Olinger wrote:
The 1.5 kW PEP is at the amplifier output.

That has been clarified with the FCC multiple times. Tuner, feedline,
antenna system losses are your problem. You are diminished by those
losses unless you either have no losses, or run illegally.

Interesting, can you point to an opinion letter or enforcement action that says this?

The commercial measurement scheme does not apply to the amateur service
except for a couple bands where that particular band references
effective radiated power. 1.5 kW is not allowed on those amateur bands.

73, Guy K2AV.

On Sun, Sep 25, 2016 at 7:07 PM, jimlux <jimlux@earthlink.net