Re: [TowerTalk] questions on the use of a man-bucket and guy tensioning

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] questions on the use of a man-bucket and guy tensioning 5/16
From: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2016 07:21:02 -0400
Most of my antennas that I installed were pulled up the side of the tower
but the few times that I did use a crane I just wrapped a strap around the
boom and attached it the crane hook.  There is certainly nothing difficult
about doing this. I do not understand the man bucket unless you have two
cranes on the property - one for the installer. I used three come-a-longs
attached to the guy cables with old Big Grips while the tower was hanging
from the crane to rough plum it. From there it is easy to attach the
permanent Big Grips to the turnbuckles, which I had to do all of them
myself while the crane waited. A Loos gauge works well enough for setting
the tension. Installing two towers and all of the monobanders is quite a
long crane job.

John KK9A