Re: [TowerTalk] questions on the use of a man-bucket and guy tensioning

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] questions on the use of a man-bucket and guy tensioning ...
From: K7LXC--- via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2016 16:47:20 -0400

>  do you remember or know how why the bucket is? And does it freely
swivel?

>  I’m having a difficult  time trying to envisage it with the guy wires
there!

    There are 2  man-basket scenarios: one where the basket hangs from the
hook and the other  is  where the single person bucket attaches directly to
the boom. The  first one is the most common. You do need to have a tagline
on it to keep it  from turning. The second one is rare.

    Even with guy wires  you can get close enough to do just about
anything. Your climber (usually) knows  best.

Cheers & GL,
Steve       K7LXC