Re: [TowerTalk] Need to identify the tower

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Need to identify the tower
From: "James Wolf" <jbwolf@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 11:37:19 -0400
That tower is what we call around here, Mr Wiggs tower.  It was sold by the
Mr. Wiggs chain store.   Some have speculated that it is a product of
American Tower, but I have nothing to back that up.

If guyed correctly it can hold up pretty well.  It must be pretty old now,
so watch for rust and freezing bulges.  There is still a fair amount of it
standing around these parts.

I would definitely need to torque guy it for a tribander and larger.

Jim - KR9U

Hi all,

A friend of mine got 4 sections of this tower -
https://goo.gl/photos/YjvjBy5idJV93ByQA - and he has no idea what exactly it
is.

It is on concrete foundation and will be bracketed to the house @ 28' level.

I am just wondering: what this tower is good for? Is it like for a tribander
only and nothing else or he can put 40m Moxon or some shortened

2-3 element 40m beam on it?

I am afraid that 40m beam will twist the tower and rip it off the wall.

That's, by the way, separate story - how bad will be 2-3 element 40m beam
mounted @ 42' height?

Is it still better than vertical?