Re: [TowerTalk] Legs of a 60' piece of tower being dragged while being l

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Legs of a 60' piece of tower being dragged while being lifted
From: Steve Maki <lists@oakcom.org>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2016 22:55:07 -0400
Hmm. All I can say is we install much larger pieces of assembled tower than R55 (and 50' pieces of monopole weighing many thousands of pounds for that matter), and crane operators seem to have no problem picking the tower from the top end and standing it up straight without dragging it. It seems to be second nature with these guys.

I can't quite visualize how rings complicate things that much if you have the base on the ground and the tower tipped up on a support 2/3 or so up the tower.

-Steve K8LX