Re: [TowerTalk] Radial field question Single radial wires vs mesh and mo

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Radial field question Single radial wires vs mesh and more
From: Charles Farr <cefarr@hughes.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2016 11:54:56 -0700
I've always identified an interconnected mesh, regardless of what metal it's mad of as a counterpoise. It may, or may not be "tuned".

Radials are generally identified as being of specific lengths generally 1/4 wavelength to provide the other half to the vertical 1/4 wave in question, or the the part that make it a vertical dipole. As the radials may be either one the ground, or elevated, provides a more manageable match to the antenna system.

I'm sure have stated this, I will have to don my asbestos underwear. Conceptually, since my teens I have understood it this way.

73

Chuck, W6AJW