[TowerTalk] Cad Weld Tips

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Cad Weld Tips
From: Russ Dearmore via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2016 14:03:43 +0000 (UTC)
I've done quite a lot of cadwelding of large copper wire (4/0) in lightning
protection systems and as a retired industrial electrician the point I'd like
to emphasis is that the condition of the mold is what we were most concerned
about.  I can't stress this enough.  Also the gray duct seal prevents blow outs
and also should be used.  Cadwelding is the best way I know of permanently
disfiguring oneself and should be approached with all the caution of a bomb
squad.

Having said that I actually like the idea of the Morning Glories on a very long
stick if no powder is on your hands, gloves or any part of your person.   The
further away you are the better.  Better yet hire an experienced electrician to
do this the cadwelding and YOU won't be taking any risks.  Stay safe my
friends.....   Russ  K5ZZR

   My Heroes Wear Combat Boots!  Nothing can stop the man with the right mental
attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the
wrong mental attitude.