Re: [TowerTalk] Source of mineral oil for dummy loads in Canada?

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Source of mineral oil for dummy loads in Canada?
From: Bryan Swadener via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2016 18:12:14 +0000 (UTC)
When I refurbished my Heathkit HN31 "Cantenna", I refilled with
FREE transformer oil from my power company's transformer
shop. The trick was getting ONLY one gallon. I suggest
calling your electric utility and asking.
Also, according to the info supplied by HK, for best performance, use
transformer oil (http://www.tinyurl.com/wa7prc-cantenna).
Actually, I no longer use my HK load for more than 100W (the
resistor is rated only 90W). Instead, for > 100W, I use a
homebrew air-cooled load that can take 1500W (at 100% D/C)
all day: http://www.tinyurl.com/wa7prc-dummy.

vy 73,
Bryan WA7PRC