Re: [TowerTalk] Magic Length for 160-40 vertical?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Magic Length for 160-40 vertical?
From: Herbert Schoenbohm <herbert.schoenbohm@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2016 12:29:02 -0400
I have suspended a T antenna from two 50' foot towers and a 50'drop wire...adjust the T to give a good match on 1.8 against ground. (A few radials will do. Them with two additional drop wires on insulators off set on the T one cut to length for 3.5 and angled to the same feed point...and another for 40 meters....You can get some on 160-40 that preforms well with a modest ground radial system. I made mine from THNN wire and even put in some CAT 5 Cables of various lengths. Not the best RX antenna here but it works well on TX.

Herb, KV4FZ