[TowerTalk] Update 2 DXE 8 element Circle array problem

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Update 2 DXE 8 element Circle array problem
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2016 20:36:38 -0700
After testing each active element I found two that were not working very well....not much amplification and one that is about 10db on my s meter too hot.

The two that were low I found that the chassis mount F connector had been twisted, and the ground legs had been spun off. Cause.......over tightening of the coax to the unit. I have not replaced those connectors yet, but I hope that is all that is wrong. If you notice the chassis connector trying to turn STOP! as you will break this connector inside. I think there is a tool that allows you to grab the connector and hold it from turning.

I have not opened the hot unit. I hope that is a case where the gain jumper was placed wrong. I hope to get to that this weekend.

I also replaced every F connector that plugs into the main control unit not for retraction but because the middle was protruding too much. I have no clue how that happened unless I put the connectors on when it was frigid.

W0MU