Re: [TowerTalk] Which Rohn thrust bearing to use

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Which Rohn thrust bearing to use
From: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2016 08:55:50 -0500
I bought a Rohn TB3 once and was not impressed by it. I could not turn the
first one by hand so Texas Towers sent me a replacement which I used for a
year in Aruba.  I then bought a Create bearing which worked perfectly for
many years with a 2 1/2" mast. There is a recent NCJ article showing a new
TB3 replacement made by DX Engineering which looks to be an improvement
over the Rohn bearing however this will not work with your mast.

John KK9A