Re: [TowerTalk] Anyone using 4O3A's Antenna Genius products?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Anyone using 4O3A's Antenna Genius products?
From: Richard Thorne <rthorne@rthorne.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2016 11:03:35 -0600
Rudy,

I've been running the 8x2 switch for the last several months. It works awesome with my FLex 6700 as the control signals are all handled over the network.

I believe the dip switches can be setup for BCD signals or an external selection type switch if a rig other than a Flex is used.

I did have one problem with a control card inside the switch. Support/warranty was excellent and very timely. They ended up sending me a new card that I was easily able to swap out on my bench. The bad card only affected one side of the switch so I was still up and running so I could work dx between contests.

I'm looking forward to the 403A Power Genius amp. It's going to be an SO2R amp to go along with the 6700. All band and ptt signals will be handled over the network. Going with the Flex solution has reduced the number of black boxes and cabling, significantly.

Rich - N5ZC