Re: [TowerTalk] Bad Wire

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Bad Wire
From: Mike Fahmie via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2016 18:01:49 +0000 (UTC)
This is quite common among the EBAY offerings for the heavier gauge cables and
referred to as "Car Stereo Cable" or "Amplifier Cable". I encountered this
while shopping for some 4awg cable for my small solar power system.  You will
usually (but not always) find 'CCA' in the fine print, standing for Copper Clad
Aluminum.  I've also seen disclaimers that their 'AWG' is not the same as the
American Wire Gauge!  It's also a clue when the shipping weight is way less
than what copper would be.
-Mike-WA6ZTY