Re: [TowerTalk] Guying a Rohn TA-55

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Guying a Rohn TA-55
From: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2017 09:02:03 -0500
I am not sure what the correct answer is but I used 1/4" equivalent on my
Rohn 65G 6-way torque arm and 5/16" equivalent for the other guy cables.
There is minimal twisting.

John KK9A

To:     TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject:        [TowerTalk] Guying a Rohn TA-55
From:   CHARLES MORRISON - N1RR <n1rr@comcast.net>
Date:   Tue, 3 Jan 2017 02:17:28 +0100 (CET)

My Rohn 55 tower @ 130MPH requires three top guys of 5/16" tensioned to 1100
lbs each. If I use a TA-55 instead of three normal guys, what guying is
required ? Ive found nothing about guying these. The assumption becomes to
double up on the 5/16" guys.... It seems to me that adding three more of
those
heavy guys would negatively impact the capacity of the tower. So, before
installation I'd like to get this answered and understand it.

Thanks

-Charlie N1RR