[TowerTalk] [antenneX] Small and exotic antennas evaluated

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] [antenneX] Small and exotic antennas evaluated
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2017 22:10:51 -0800
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2017 11:19:35 -0500
From: K7LXC@aol.com
To: towertalk@contesting.com

Howdy, TowerTalkians --

    You may be interested in these books.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC

>  SMALL & EXOTIC ANTENNAS
A compendium of antenna  evaluations. Learn the real performance from the
experts!

50 Chapters and  468-page book ready for immediate download.

This book provides excellent  knowledge by experts about how antenna
technology has evolved over the past 20  years.

One look at the list of contents shows just how large of a void  it fills
about the myriad of concepts to shrink the present antenna  designs.

For more  info:

http://www.antennex.com/Sshack/eval/eval.htm

###  Superb. I had 3 x Isotrons when I was in the condo years ago,
80-40-20m.   The only thing that radiates is the...feedline, typ 8 ft long.
Put a good balun on it, and it wont radiate at all, which is why they dont
recommend  using a balun.  Of Course CQ rag did a review on the isotron, and
had them hyped beyond max...installing them on a tall tower to boot...with a
200 ft feedline.

##  Fractal ants, EH, etc, they are all junk.  Cant wait to read the book
though,
it should be a good read.   Even scientific american drank the fractal coolaid,
pure junk science.

##  somebody did another book several years ago,  how trapped ants actually
work,
esp  trapped tribanders.  Baffles me how wilson electronics managed to get a
hairpin
match to work on  a 20-15-10m yagi.  Mosley of course, introduces enough trap
losses,
such that the normal  20-25 ohm DE feedpoint Z, ends up being 50 ohms.

##  our local radio inspector buys a TA-33 jr.   His reason was... cuz it had a
dead flat swr.
He also found out....fast, that it was also a good 10 db down from a  204BA.
That same
33jr vs  204BA  experiment has been done at least 8 times here in town..all
with the same results.

Jim  VE7RF