Re: [TowerTalk] Strange behavior

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Strange behavior
From: jimlux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2017 20:47:51 -0800
On 1/23/17 6:22 PM, Roger (K8RI) on TT wrote:
Noon by the clock, or noon by the sun (solar time)?  Depending on
location, the clock can be nearly an hour off particularly if in a state
with a skewed time zone, or near the edge of a time zone.  Michigan
(where I live) is near the Western edge of the Eastern time zone. My
location is off by nearly an hour between EST and Solar time.

73, Roger (K8RI)

The Naval Observatory Astronomical Applications site generates tables that are corrected for your location, etc.

http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/index.php

you're looking for "Sun transit"
http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/RS_OneDay.php