Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Foundation Pouring

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Foundation Pouring
From: JVarney <jvarn359@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2017 15:20:19 -0800
That's where the urban myth came from. It's on tower manu-
facturers plans but it gets misinterpreted as gospel. If we
couldn't use forms and compacted backfill, there would be
thousands of buildings, bridges and retaining walls
that never would have been built.

I think the cast-in-hole against undisturbed soil method is
great as long as the soil can hold a vertical face. In loose
soils that cave in, open forms and compacted backfill may be
a better solution. Unusual soils may need a custom design
because the manufacturer's generic design may prove inadequate
at that location. This is also true for sidehill locations.

73 Jim K6OK