Re: [TowerTalk] N9iWW I use Box cutter knife to strip coax

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] N9iWW I use Box cutter knife to strip coax
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2017 03:20:23 -0500
There is a learning curve, but for most hams it's rather short. It's quick and easy once you get used to it even for those with Al foil and fine AL wire for the shield. Just use a deep score on the jacket. Don't cut all the way through. If done correctly, it only take a "little" side pressure to separate at the score, leaving the braid and foil untouched. Use crimp connectors on these.

K9IWW a good suggestion. It's almost as as a cable prep tool, which make the two cuts (PL-29) or 3 cuts (N-Type) in one operation and doesn't require a careful setup like the prep tool

73,  Roger (K8RI)