Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna spacing

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna spacing
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2017 14:49:16 -0800
On Mon,2/20/2017 12:56 PM, Daniel Hileman wrote:
Hi everyone,
Iam planning on building a "small contest" station on 20 acres. I plan on
having a 4square array on 80m, and 2 ele yagi @70' for 40m, and eventually a 1/4 wave
vertical for 160m.

Sounds great.

Rigs will be FT-2000 and FTdx-3000.

That's the first thing I would change. Rigs like the K3S and the top stuff have superior strong signal performance and much lower phase noise. You will also want either stubs or high power bandpass filters on the output of the power amps on 80, 40, and 20.

I'll let others respond about spacing. For CQP county expeditions, we run CW and SSB on the same band with dipoles that are approximately inline with each other separated by about 200-250 ft. We run K3s with KPA500s (600W). But antenna directivity matters a lot.

73, Jim K9YC