Re: [TowerTalk] March QST cover

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] March QST cover
From: "Jeff DePolo" <jd0@broadsci.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2017 10:01:02 -0500
It should probably be noted that there are no regulations regarding safety
procedures that apply to amateurs doing work on their own towers, or
otherwise doing work on a tower for non-work-related purposes.  OSHA
regulates occupational (i.e. work-related) safety issues.  If you're
climbing a tower and you're not being paid to do it, OSHA has no
jurisdiction.

> There are, however, no facts
> in evidence
> that the girl was in danger. This was quite likely a posed
> shot with her
> feet within inches of or on the ground, something for the
> photographer's
> convenience.
> Patrick        NJ5G

That's what it looks like to me.  It reminds me of a friend's similar staged
photo:

http://mcnally.cc/

Hint: click on the photo.  And before anyone starts citing RFR violations,
the station was not transmitting at the time the photo was taken...and he
was not being paid to climb it either.

Aside from the overall bad judgment shown by the League in publishing that
shot, the quality of the photo is horrible...

                                --- Jeff WN3A

---