Re: [TowerTalk] US Tower HDX555 Cable Replacement

To: towertalk@contesting.com, k7hph@q.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] US Tower HDX555 Cable Replacement
From: K7LXC--- via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2017 16:31:10 -0500
have the cabling diagrams from US Tower, but wanted to know  if there are
any
secrets or anything I should know about the actual  changeout?

Howdy --

    It makes a difference whether you have positive  pull-down or not.

    In any case, why are you compelled to replace the  cables? I've worked
on many crank-ups over the years and have only seen one  where the cables
actually needed replacing.

    The 3 reasons why you would replace them are: 1)  damage - kinking or
flattening of the cable; 2) excessive broken strands -  you're allowed up to
7 before needing replacement; and 3) rust - cancerous rust,  not surface
rust. I'll bet you a nickel that you don't have any of those  conditions.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH -
Professional tower services for amateurs