[TowerTalk] Mosley S-402

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Mosley S-402
From: Tom Martin <tmartin@chartermi.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 16:17:47 -0500
For the second time I've had a broken element support issue. The first time a F1 tornado came through and I lost half of the reflector. A few weeks ago, a 45 mph wind gust took off half of the driven element. Those insulator blocks have failed each time right at the coil to element connections.

Does anyone know where I can get ideas as to how to bag the little blocks and still have the elements insulated from the boom? Also, I see that my Mosley CL-33 doesn't have the director and reflector insulated from the boom. I thought that if the driven element was insulated from the boom, all elements had to be the same.

Thanks.

73, Tom W8JWN