[TowerTalk] Fwd: Polarity question..on a dipole

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Polarity question..on a dipole
From: Hans Hammarquist via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2017 18:01:45 -0400

I don't think the RF power from an electric fence is enough to even get a
measurable temperature increase on those insulators. The voltage is high but
the  duration is short.

I just wonder if you put an LP filter on the output on the pulse generator
that would help the annoying pulse interference. Yes, the LP filter has to
be  designed for the high voltage, that is, the capacitors has to be of a
high  voltage type. If you can increase the rise and fall time of the pulse
you would  get less RF to leave the wires. Just an idea.

73 de,

Hans - N2JFS

In a message dated 4/1/2017 9:22:52 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,