Re: [TowerTalk] Long Tangent U Bolts

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Long Tangent U Bolts
From: "Don W7WLL" <w7wll@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 08:47:55 -0700
With two rigid plates each side that is a viable option to look into. Yes, I'm not equipped anymore (since downsizing to a house with no shop) to do metalwork nor do I desire to. SS is a bit difficult to work with also when it comes to bending.

Lots of good suggestions but based on the cost of the custom U bolts I had made previously at a shop up the coast, that option still seems to be the easiest and most cost effective, at least for me. Again, what I was looking for was any experience towerites had with shops that might more routinely do this. Tim's direction to the DX Eng clamps was appreciated, I see lots of nice things there, but for this project a bit overkill and pricey.

Back to the more technical discussions, I'm reading!

Thanks all,

Don W7WLL

-----Original Message----- From: john@kk9a.com