Re: [TowerTalk] Dacron rope

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Dacron rope
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 23:31:49 -0400
Almost any stranded, non conductive rope will conduct when wet. Normally it's not the rope, but the crap the rope collects and the crap in today's rain that does the conducting. I use end insulators where the Dacron connects to the ends of wire antennas. I cut Lexan rings to attach Dacron to my AV640. The wet guys do not affect the SWR on that antenna.

The instructions say it doesn't need guys, but you only need watch one unguyed in a strong wind. Yes, it withstood the wind, but that thing sure is flexible!

73, Roger (K8RI)