Re: [TowerTalk] Interaction potential Hex and 40 m dipole

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Interaction potential Hex and 40 m dipole
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2017 21:57:51 -0400
OptiBeam uses stubs on their 40m beams and probably on the dipole.
Interaction is minimal around other HF beams and their antennas work well. I
do not know what the stubs really do, I removed them from my model and still
saw no 15m resonance. I thought that shortening alone moves the harmonic
resonance out of the 15m band but that is not always the case. Some 40m
beams have nearly perfect SWR on 15m.

John KK9A