[TowerTalk] Phasing two GAP monoband verticals

To: "towertalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <towertalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Phasing two GAP monoband verticals
From: Bill Straw via TowerTalk <towertalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2017 16:11:51 +0000 (UTC)
I haven't been able to find anything specific on the WWW.

My QTH is on solid rock with a few trees and bushes, in an HOA area. A 1/4 wave
ground mounted
vertical could never be made efficient, and an elevated vertical with elevated
radials would be
too easily seen. So I have been using a GAP vertical (dipole) on 40M with good
results, almost
the same on DX paths as my 80/40 OCF (that has its main lobes to EU and JA)

I want to phase two of the 40M monogaps, to get some F/B away from a noise
source that has shown
up lately. I have had extensive experience with ComTek and Array Solutions
classic 4 square setups
using 1/4 wave verticals.

Has anyone done this with the DX Engineering or Array Solutions boxes and GAP
verticals? No need
to discuss the GAP antenna theory but they are not 1/4 verticals. It would be
an HOA clean way
for me to get some gain and F/B, but I don't want to spend the $$$ if the whole
system is based
on 1/4 wave verticals.

73 / Thanks, Bill KO7SS, on top of Mt Lemmon in AZ