Re: [TowerTalk] Advice on Old TV Antenna Tower

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Advice on Old TV Antenna Tower
From: jimlux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2017 17:49:19 -0700
On 6/30/17 5:44 PM, Cox, Norman R. wrote:
   Thanks to all of you for your advice.  I get the message.

     The tower measures 28 inch sides at the base.  The cross members are
riveted.  The sections are bolted.  The tower is galvanized, but shows some
rust on the top section.  It is free-standing without any guys or house bracket.

     We are putting together a list of possible alternatives that don't involve
climbing to the top.  Maybe an idea will come up that will allow use of the
tower.

can you lay it over? can you run a rope over something tall (like an adjacent house) to slowly lower it, or use something like a falling derrick in reverse.