[TowerTalk] Galling and seizing of SS nuts to SS threaded

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Galling and seizing of SS nuts to SS threaded
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2017 09:23:17 -0700
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2017 11:59:44 -0400
From: "Dave Clemons" <dave@egh.com>
To: "'Roger \(K8RI\) on TT'" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>,
<towertalk@contesting.com>
Cc: <Dave@egh.com>
studs and bolts.

<My experience with Never Seize (brand name, found in automotive stores) has
been nothing but positive as far as keeping the stainless steel and galvanized
bolts able to be removed later (even years later).  As mentioned, I found that
it will get all over my  <hands no matter how careful I am.  Removing it from
hands later on is done with waterless hand cleaner (contains lanolin as well as
other stuff) which I also find at automotive supply store.  (Use this before
washing your hands with water.)  This hand cleaner <also works well on clothes
BUT it must be applied and worked in to remove the gray grease BEFORE water is
applied to the clothes.  (Once the clothes go through a washing machine, the
stain will be on it for the life of the clothes.)

<Dave K1VUT

##  Disposable latex or vinyl  gloves work, and also provide for full finger
dexterity.  My problem is, I sometimes forget to put em on !    Typ 50 or 100
disposable gloves in a box.  I use em for never seize, and also when silver
plating copper strap +
tubing,  detailing cars, garden work,  and also working on vehicles..or
anything else you are likely to get your fingers mucked up on.   Then when
done, pluck them off, folding then inside out, toss em.

Jim   VE7RF