[TowerTalk] Bearings

To: "TowerTalk@contesting.com" <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Bearings
From: Stan Stockton <wa5rtg@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2017 07:55:04 -0500
I need an education on bearings.  The question is the axial or thrust rating of
guesstimate thereof on bearings that do not show that spec.  As example the
bearing I believe used on a RTS rotating tower is a ZF 5215S made by Rexnard I
think.  The radial load is specified at greater than 50,000 pounds. Axial load
is not specified.  Is there anyway to equate radial load to axial load other
than to look at a bearing and say "looks like it would handle a lot?"

Stan, K5GO

Sent from Stan's IPhone