Re: [TowerTalk] Adjustment to Tower Base

To: "Wilson Lamb" <infomet@embarqmail.com>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Adjustment to Tower Base
From: Al Kozakiewicz <akozak@hourglass.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2017 02:30:06 +0000
Structural bolts are hardened by heat treating. Hardened bolts can crack or
break if you try to bend them. You can avoid that possibility by heating, but
then that will undo the heat treatment and weaken the bolt.

The best advice you got was to leave the bolts alone and take a die grinder to
the base mounting holes. I can't think of a downside or risk to doing that.

Al
AB2ZY