Re: [TowerTalk] Takeoff angle

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Takeoff angle
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2017 17:29:23 -0700
On 7/23/2017 9:38 AM, Jeff Draughn wrote:
I've been playing around with HFTA trying to figure out the best height/
configuration for my antennas and it dawned on me I wasn't sure what the
best take off angles are.

There's extensive data for that on the CD Rom that comes with the ARRL Antenna Book in the form of files that can be used with HFTA. The data files can be superimposed on the computed vertical pattern, so it's easy to see how any chosen antenna height(s) are likely to "play" to the selected DX locations. There's text in the Antenna Book about how to do that.

73, Jim K9YC