Re: [TowerTalk] Modeling the Moxon

To: "Dave Sublette" <k4to@arrl.net>, "Central KY CW/DX Operators" <CW-DX-OPS@LSV.UKY.EDU>, "Bill via TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Modeling the Moxon
From: "Jeff AC0C" <keepwalking188@ac0c.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2017 13:37:25 +0900
Dave,

If you are reusing the telrex elements for part of this you will want to put your build into a mech anal program like Yagi Mechanical or similar and check out the wind survivability. The 40m 3-element Telrex for example comes out to show a failure at around 53 mph and that's assuming they are using 6061 which is not at all a known fact. I'm reusing a 40m telrex boom and 20m Telrex aluminum for a 17m beam and the numbers come out pretty good there - assuming 6061. Wind is a big problem here - it may or may not be on your end.

Good luck.

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie