[TowerTalk] Pulley Bearing

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Pulley Bearing
From: "Wilson Lamb" <infomet@embarqmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2017 12:45:24 -0400 (EDT)
Is it a sleeve bearing?  Must be if that wide.  How is it broken?
If so, easily pressed out, maybe with a big C clamp or vise.
Push with a socket or rod that just clears the pulley ID.
Catch with a socket that just clears the bearing OD, or a piece of pipe.
Lowes and HD have sleeve bearings that can be ordered, might have your size.
For a wide sheave, you can use two pieces of bearing.  I'd cut them to be equal
and the pair fill the bore.
I just rebuilt an old block just this way.
WL