Re: [TowerTalk] (no subject)

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] (no subject)
From: Fred Keen via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2017 20:12:04 +0000 (UTC)
I think you will find the 2800 ratings closer to what you need.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 1:21 PM, Russ Dearmore via
TowerTalk<towertalk@contesting.com> wrote:   I purchased a used Force 12
EF-420/240N and plan to reassemble it this fall and be ready for the big
contests this winter.  I'll be putting it on a 72' US tower that goes down to
about 22'.  I didn't get a lot of paperwork with it, about 4 pages of drawings
and dimensions, and am guessing that is everything.  Once a company goes out of
business it gets tough to find anything on an antenna and was wondering if
there were more resources that I just can't find.  I'd appreciate any help
especially anyone experienced with this model.  It weighs 140 lbs and is my
first big beam.  At this point of the sun cycle I think I'll really enjoy 40m.
I plan to use Nolox or anti-sieze on all joints.I got it for about a tenth of
it's original price so I couldn't resist.  I only have a G800 for a rotor and
was wondering if a G1000 was good enough or should I go up to the G2800?
Thanks for all comments...  Russ   K5ZZR

My Heroes Wear Combat Boots!  Nothing can stop the man with the right mental
attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the
wrong mental attitude.