[TowerTalk] Vertical on concrete pad

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Vertical on concrete pad
From: garyk9gs <garyk9gs@wi.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2017 15:17:20 -0500
Hello all,
I have an existing concrete base of several yards of concrete that i want to
mount a vertical to.
I plan on using a 2 1/2 inch OD , 36 inch long, piece of steel or aluminium
tubing (thick wall) with the end welded to a flat plate with gusset plates
every 90 degrees.   This plate would bolt to the concrete with anchor bolts
epoxied into holes bored in the concrete.
My questions:
1)  How do I calculate the size and thickness of the plate and gusset material?
2)  How many bolts and bolt diameter needed?  Bolt length needed in the
concrete?
3)  Should I use steel or aluminum?  This is coastal FL so there is some salt
to contend with.  Steel would probably be painted unless I can find a local
galvanizing vendor.
4)  the other thing I thought of doing was boring a 2 1/2 + inch diameter hole
and just epoxying in the tubing.  Not sure how to bore a hole that large and
deep.  Maybe hire someone to do this?
Suggestions?  I don't wsnt to over complicate or engineer this either.

73-Gary K9GS