[TowerTalk] Mounting a Tower in Area Subject to Flooding

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Mounting a Tower in Area Subject to Flooding
From: Chuck Dietz <w5prchuck@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2017 10:51:59 -0500
If a a tower is encased in concrete I'm sure it is frequently wet, but I am
guessing that the lack of oxygen in the concrete inhibits rust. If I put a
tower in an area subject to periodic flooding, should I build a form above
ground for a couple of feet to make the concrete base rise enough above
ground to protect the tower? (Salt water.)

Chuck W5PR