[TowerTalk] Crappy LMR600

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Crappy LMR600
From: Bill via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2017 14:37:31 -0400
I ordered some of the Flex LMR 400 from Times back in the early 2000s for
pigtails on all the side mounted rotating antennas....roughly 15 of them.  The
Times flex is absolute garbage.  Almost all of the pigtails jackets started
cracking after several years.  I spent many hours having to replace this
garbage while making many trips up and down the towers to replace this manure
of a cable.  I called them and was told they do NOT recommend that it be used
outside.  WTF?

I have used Jefa-Tek regular LMR400 for all my flexible applications and have
NEVER had a problem at several different stations.

Bill KH7XS/K4XS

Message: 3