[TowerTalk] Another conduit question

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Another conduit question
From: Thomas Hybiske <thybiske@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2017 14:02:52 +0000
The problem with leaving pull ropes in the conduit for future pulls is that
can make slow helical twists with the other conductors already in there.
I've pulled a bundle of control and transmission lines out of conduit that
were all intertwined with each other and quite a mess from using pull lines
left in the conduit.

Instead, I blow a "ghost" thru the conduit for each new conductor.  Using
mason's twine, I knot it to a plastic back with I stuff in the conduit.
Then I use the exhaust of a shop vac to propel the ghost thru the conduit,
paying out the twine behind it.  The ghost flies out the other end with
great force if enough air is used.  This is followed up with the actual
pull line.  I've used this method successfully  with conduit up to 175' in
length.

Tom Hybiske, K3GM

--

Sent using a tiny keyboard.  Please excuse brevity, typos, or inappropriate
autocorrect.