Re: [TowerTalk] Installing a Ham-IV rotor on Tashjian w-51 tower

To: <bob@rwrconsult.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Installing a Ham-IV rotor on Tashjian w-51 tower
From: "Jon Zaimes" <jz73@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2017 22:21:44 -0400
Bob,

Some discussion on this indicates a Yaesu G-800 will fit but even that may have
difficulty: https://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/1856

And the rotor plate is just wedged into place:
https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/w-51-tower-rotor-plate-question.195724/

Some have worked around the rotor limitation by placing it on the mast above
the tower using a lower mast mount. Of course that reduces the rotor rating
from what it would be when placed in the tower.

73/Jon

Jon P. Zaimes, AA1K
Tower climber for hire
http://www.aa1k.us/
Cell: 302-632-2353

Reviews of AA1K tower work on eham website:
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/12922

Hug your favorite tower every day, and always stay connected to it.