[TowerTalk] Rohn 25 tilt base

To: "'towertalk@contesting.com'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn 25 tilt base
From: greenacres113@charter.net
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2017 12:27:54 -0500

        I have 5 of them. 4 use the clevis type with 3' of buried tower
section. One is a hinged plate bolted to concrete. All Rohn.

        Three adults 'walked' up a 32' one with a 2 el 17m monobander & a Ham
M series rotor mounted half way up the tower.

        Two more are 30' with 10' pipe mounted to the tower top section. They
were walked up the same way. No rotor just the wire/coax for an 80m
half-square.

        Another 30' with a 10' pipe holding my 160m inverted L off my HyTower
was done the same way.

        Two are under my two tiltover towers. It was just easier to push up
the first two tower sections before gin-poling the rest of the tower &
swing arm into place. I had the hinges so I used them.

        I came across a Rohn 25 swing arm. Not with the hinging section for
the tower. I bought the 3' hinged base and used that on my 30m tower.
It worked out well. The 30m Moxon beam is at 47' & I can easily tilt
it to work on the ant.

        Also have 48' of Rohn45 tiltover. No hinged base. That is a whole
different animal.

        K9IL