Re: [TowerTalk] turnbuckle safety wires

To: Jim Thomson <jim.thom@telus.net>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] turnbuckle safety wires
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2017 15:59:51 -0700
Jam nuts (on both LH & RH threads) are common but not universal on stainless sailboat rigging turnbuckles. Every yard that has had my mast out also added safety wires. I replaced the wires after adjusting the rigging tensions. Then silicone self amalgamating tape came along for snag proofing the wires and it was a big plus vs white electrical tape.

(btw the downwind shrouds would go slack in a blow)

Grant KZ1W