Re: [TowerTalk] Old AEA Cablemate Analyst

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Old AEA Cablemate Analyst
From: K4RO Kirk Pickering <k4ro@k4ro.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2017 13:03:26 -0500
I'm not familiar with that particular device, but I've had a few LCD displays go bad. Sometimes the displays are connected to the PC board with a "zebra strip," technically called an elastomeric connector. They are conductive rubber, and the contact surfaces can become contaminated. I have "repaired" two pieces of test equipment by cleaning the zebra strips. If your display has one, it might be worth a shot.

--Kirk K4RO