Re: [TowerTalk] Common Mode Choke Question

To: "'Carol Richards'" <n2mm@comcast.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Common Mode Choke Question
From: <marsh@ka5m.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2017 14:11:17 -0500
I'd recommend referring to RFI-Ham.pdf by K9YC.

http://www.audiosystemsgroup.com/RFI-Ham.pdf

Good info and a great reference resource.

For 160M and / or 80M I'd go with the recommended 7 turns through five type 31
cores.

See Page 35 of RFI-Ham.pdf

"160 and 80 Meters: With RG8 or RG11, use 7 turns through five 2.4" o.d. #31
toroidal cores."

One CM choke at the antenna feedpoint, and one CM choke at the station.

73,
Marsh, KA5M