Re: [TowerTalk] Fan Dipole

To: <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>, "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fan Dipole
From: "Don W7WLL" <w7wll@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2017 17:35:29 -0700
Understood. I had not considered using as a flat but the spreader thought is a good one. I do have the room and PVC to do that. As I noted I've never used a fan and so this is a learning curve for me. I think I'll leave it in the sorta inv V form for the moment until I decide what I want to do with 160. This is a band I've never ever had a 'real' full sized 160 antenna on. It has always been a load the bedsprings situation till we moved here, but I'm only now looking to do something for that band that is quick and simple. Adding the 160 to the fan and spreading it out to at least 180 degrees is an option I can avail. Probably can get it 'flat' too. Been collecting articles on 160 antennas and has been interesting, plus input from friends who are on 160 - most using inverted L's. Have a large amount of good Copperweld I could use for the 160.

I'll go ahead and try what I have and note what I run into transmitting and receiving. Luckily I'm in a location where the only noise source will be myself and the local electric company and I've not had problems with the electric grid coming up to my place.

Tnx all,

Don T W7WLL

-----Original Message----- From: Jim Brown